New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Indeterminacy

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  07:22:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Indeterminacy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Maybe he was ready to bail out at that point anyway and decided to put on the persecuted Christian act as his parting shot.

Boy, I hate assumptions. I had a bad week. Give me a fucking break, will ya?

If I ask the question with the answer to the question I am after, will it dawn on me?
Go to Top of Page

Vegeta
Skeptic Friend

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  07:29:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Vegeta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok since you're here indeterminacy, I apologise for snapping at you before, I meant no offense.

What are you looking at? Haven't you ever seen a pink shirt before?

"I was asked if I would do a similar sketch but focusing on the shortcomings of Islam rather than Christianity. I said, 'No, no I wouldn't. I may be an atheist but I'm not stupid.'" - Steward Lee
Go to Top of Page

Indeterminacy

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  07:46:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Indeterminacy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Rather, I think Indeterminacy was being a little edgey out of feeling defensive right from the get go. He knew he was a lamb coming into a den of wolves, so to speak, which is why I was giving him the benefit of the doubt and being extra nice to him. I would feel the same way if I was coming into a conversation at a Christian forum, even if I was coming in openly and honestly, just because I'd know I was out-numbered and that some people were probably going to be hostile to me.

Thank you for your consideration Marf.

quote:
Edited to add: He was a little condescending with his departure, and that did annoy me.

I was, and I apologize to everyone.

If I ask the question with the answer to the question I am after, will it dawn on me?
Go to Top of Page

Indeterminacy

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  07:49:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Indeterminacy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vegeta

Ok since you're here indeterminacy, I apologise for snapping at you before, I meant no offense.

It happens. I'm Sicilian, so I know what it's like.

Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  12:35:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well this is the reason I posted what I did. All we have to do is correct misconceptions and apologize for behavior we all have from time to time. And for those who can't figure that out, ignore is working just fine.

Go to Top of Page

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  20:08:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Indeterminacy...

Boy, I hate assumptions. I had a bad week. Give me a fucking break, will ya?
Boy, I hate assumptions, too. That's why, when asked, I was only willing to consider some possibilities for your making your untrue comment. On the other hand, beskeptigal seemed to be making an assumption about your reason for doing so. But...
quote:
Originally posted by beskeptigal...

All we have to do is correct misconceptions and apologize for behavior we all have from time to time.
... it looks like she might be willing to apologize to you for that.
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  18:33:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am coming to this thread because I have lost control - again...

Forgive me Kil, for I have sinned...

I used foul language directed at the Monzina.

I will say 25 'Hail Shermers' and avoid contact with the afore mentioned individual.

I feel better already.

edited to bold names.

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Edited by - furshur on 04/03/2007 18:35:24
Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  19:06:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I've heard that people who aren't polite here might end up being questioned by Mr. Ted de Corsia.
That's why I'm always on my best behavior.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  19:41:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by furshur
I used foul language directed at the Monzina.

Personally, I consider Mozina calling GeeMack Foxnews of science a far worse, bordering to unforgivable, offence.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Badger
Skeptic Friend

Canada
257 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  22:35:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Badger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, Kil!

I wish you the best with this.

And I apologize for not hanging out here for several years.

If you think it's work, you're doing it wrong.
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  05:49:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Personally, I consider Mozina calling GeeMack Foxnews of science a far worse, bordering to unforgivable, offence.

I will have to admitt, Dr. Mabuse - that was obscene.

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  07:51:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Badger

Hey, Kil!

I wish you the best with this.

And I apologize for not hanging out here for several years.

Hey Badger, it's great to see you over here at SFN!!!

Here's hoping you drop by from time to time to share some of your smartness with us. (You have become a very popular member at the jref, I know. In their chat, people have nothing but the nicest things to say about you. Very cool...)

It was great seeing you at the forum party at TAM. You made me feel welcome in a room full of strangers. And that was special to me.

Anyhow, it's always good to see you here (or even there).

(Now see what you made me do? I had promised myself that I would not respond to any post in this thread…)

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  17:19:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why would you not respond to posts in this thread, Kil? (You can PM me if you are going back to keeping the promise)

Badger are you referring to not hanging out until now or are you apologizing in advance for not hanging out for a while longer?

I am happy to report I feel wonderful. I finally started using the ignore feature on JREF (only 2 names on there at the moment) and it has more of an effect than I had imagined it would. And I am ignoring a few people here. It sounds childish putting it that way but in forum context, I actually think it is a very useful tool!

Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  17:28:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I finally started using the ignore feature on JREF (only 2 names on there at the moment) and it has more of an effect than I had imagined it would.

Ignorance is bliss, afterall.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  17:47:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does the ignore feature mean that you don't see what the ignored person writes on the forums? Or does it just mean that they can't send you PMs?

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds.